-- The World’s Newest, Most Advanced Behind-the-Ear Sound Processor Receives Regulatory Approval for Commercial Release in the United States--
VALENCIA, Calif., August 28, 2013 – Advanced Bionics (AB), a global leader in cochlear implant technology and a company of the Sonova Group, announced today that the new Naída CI Q70 (Naída CI) sound processor is commercially available in the United States. Earlier this year, the Naída CI processor received regulatory approval for distribution in Europe, Canada and several other countries in the world.
The innovation DNA of AB and Phonak have merged together for the introduction of the world’s newest, most advanced behind-the-ear sound processor. With Naída CI, AB delivers a quantum leap forward in performance and wireless connectivity with a chic, modern instyle™ design. Now cochlear implant recipients have access to the combined technologies of the innovation leaders in cochlear implants and hearing instruments.
“While AB is unique in our tireless focus on performance, we also understand that people want to wear beautiful products. With Naída CI, we have delivered a quantum leap forward in performance and wireless connectivity in a small, attractive package”, said Hansjuerg Emch, President of Advanced Bionics and Group Vice President of the Sonova Medical Division where AB resides. “We are especially excited to deliver a world first—the combination of the most advanced cochlear implant technology with state-of-the-art Phonak technology available in hundreds of thousands of hearing instruments. If you use Phonak products and get a cochlear implant from AB, you now have the opportunity to enjoy many of the same Phonak features and accessories.”
Naída CI offers a full performance package:
- 55% improvement in speech understanding in noise1 when AB’s ClearVoice™* technology and the Phonak UltraZoom feature are used together
- 100% wireless connectivity to consumer electronics with the AccessLine™—streaming from Bluetooth devices, phones, and countless other popular products by leading brands, including Apple, Samsung, and Nokia. A bimodal first, media can be streamed to a compatible Phonak hearing aid and a Naída CI sound processor at the same time!
- 40% smaller than the previous behind-the-ear sound processor—incredibly lightweight and featuring the industry’s only instyle™ design
- Proven AB technology, including ClearVoice, AutoSound™, HiRes Fidelity 120™* and HiRes™ Optima* sound processing
- All-new, discreet T-Mic™ 2 microphone
- IP57 rating for outstanding water and dust resistance
“When I used UltraZoom with my Naída CI processors in the noisy kitchen at work, the voices of my colleagues became so comfortable and understandable. I could follow the conversation very easily,” said Stefan Fredelake, AB recipient and employee. “The UltraZoom feature is really fantastic and will make my life so much easier in many noisy situations, not only in kitchens, but also in restaurants, in trains, and many other challenging listening environments.”
For more information about the Naída CI sound processor or Advanced Bionics, contact a local AB representative or visit AdvancedBionics.com.
About Advanced Bionics
Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world. Founded in 1993 and a subsidiary of the Sonova Group since 2009, AB develops cutting-edge cochlear implant technology that allows recipients to hear their best.
AB offers the most sophisticated cochlear implant system on the market, the HiResolution™ Bionic Ear System, with five times more sound resolution than its competitors, designed to help recipients hear in noisy settings and enjoy the full dimensions of music.
With sales in over 50 countries and a proven track record for developing high-performing, state-of-the-art products, AB’s talented group of technologists and professionals from all over the world are driven to succeed, work with integrity and stay firmly committed to quality.
To learn more about AB and its innovative cochlear implant technology, please visit AdvancedBionics.com.
1. Hehrmann P, Fredelake S, Hamacher V, Dyballa K-H, Büchner A. Improved Speech Intelligibility with Cochlear Implants Using State-of-the-Art Noise Reduction Algorithms. Speech Communication; Proceedings of the 10th ITG Symposium, 09/2012.
Apple® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd.
Nokia is a registered trademark of Nokia Corporation.
*Not approved for pediatric use in the United States.