- Horizontal closed bore scanners with a static magnetic field of 3.0T (magnet removed)
- Maximum MR system reported, whole body averaged specific absorption rate (SAR) of ≤ 2.0 W/kg at 3.0T for quadrature transmit RF body coils.
- Maximum MR system reported, head averaged SAR of ≤ 2.6 W/kg at 3.0T for quadrature transmit RF head coils.
- RMS gradient field of 30 T/s and peak gradient field of 150 T/s.
- Maximum spatial field gradient of 6.90T/m at 3.0T with magnet removed
When tested under the scan conditions defined above the HiRes Ultra implant produced a maximum temperature of < 3° after 15 minutes of continuous 1.5T Scanning.
In MRI testing of unilateral recipient conditions, the image artifact caused by the device extends from the HiRes Ultra implant approximately 4.7 cm in a 3.0T MRI with the temporary non-magnetic plug.
In MRI testing of bilateral recipient conditions 4.7 cm in a 3.0T MRI with the temporary non-magnetic plug using a spin echo or gradient echo pulse sequence.
These artifacts may result in a loss of diagnostic information in the implant vicinity.
Please note that the MRI Antenna Coil Cover CI-7521 and bandaging supplies must be on hand at the time of the MRI procedure.