The HiRes™ Ultra cochlear implant features the thinnest implant profile from AB and is built on the proven HiRes electronics technology. The discreet package requires minimal drilling, making it suitable for all implant recipients — adults and children — and exceeds industry standard for impact resistance.1
The HiRes Ultra features the HiFocus™ Mid-Scala electrode, designed to protect the delicate structures of the cochlea and to suit individual patient anatomy and surgical preferences for the best possible hearing outcomes. Choosing AB allows you or your child to benefit from tomorrow’s technology with today’s implant.
- The only device with 16 independent current sources that facilitate current steering.
- Ability to stimulate 120 distinct spectral bands leading to unsurpassed temporal resolution and better pitch differentiation.2
- The fastest stimulation rate combined with the widest input dynamic range allows for the most natural hearing possible.3,4,5
- Circuitry provides nearly unlimited ways to deliver stimulation – for future technology not invented yet.
- Minimal drilling required, with a shallow 1mm ramped recess.
- The thin 4.5mm profile and small footprint make it suitable for all implant recipients — adults and very young children.
- FDA and TÜV approved for 1.5T with the magnet in place – an MRI Antenna Coil Cover and a simple head-bandage procedure is all that is required, no surgical procedure is necessary
- FDA and TÜV approved for 3T MRI with the magnet removed – the magnet can be taken out easily and replaced through a small incision, without the inconvenience of removing the implant
HiFocus Mid-Scala Electrode
The HiFocus Mid-Scala electrode has been designed for ideal positioning in the Scala Tympani and full spectrum coverage, while protecting the delicate cochlear structure.